The dream of NorthBridge is to build bridges that connect people to God by…
- leading thousands of young adults and families to become growing followers of Jesus Christ
- encouraging every believer to live, grow and serve in authentic Biblical community with others
- serving our neighborhood communities, especially the hurting and helpless, through actions of ministry and kindness
- equipping leaders to lead, teachers to teach and every believer to serve others out of his or her gifts and abilities
- leading people to worship God using music, teaching, technology, environment and the arts in relevant and creative ways
- teaching spiritual truth in ways that are God honoring, Christ centered, Bible based, Holy Spirit anointed, culturally relevant, and that produce changed lives
Because we are a collection of diverse individuals, we each have different personal values and preferences in the way we serve God and live life. Yet certain common values unify our efforts and define us as a church. Those core values are summarized by the following statements:
Prayer - Because life is ultimately spiritual in nature, constant communication with God is essential to knowing Him, understanding His ways, recognizing His activity and participating in what He is doing.
Evangelism - Jesus' mission and His church's mission is to bring all people into intimate relationship with God through faith in Christ.
Teaching - Anointed Biblical teaching is the catalyst for transformation in individuals and in the church.
Relevance - We must function like missionaries in a foreign culture, continually adjusting our methods, language, styles, and strategies to relate effectively with those we're called to reach.
Relationships - God's design is for His people to grow, serve and share life in meaningful friendships with other believers.
Worship - Our first and greatest command is to express and demonstrate love to God, both personally and corporately with other believers.
Serving - Serving others in big and small ways demonstrates obedience to God, reveals His love in practical ways and leads to relationships and spiritual conversations about God and personal faith.
Individual Uniqueness - God uniquely designed each person with abilities, spiritual gifts, passions, style and other elements, and He expects us to live and serve according to that personal wiring.
The Kingdom Of God - Life is not about us. It's about advancing the Kingdom of God on earth. Partnering with others in serving, teaching, evangelizing and church planting is considered normal and expected.
Fun - Knowing Christ and serving in His name provides real joy, purpose and fulfillment in this life.
Children - We are passionate about reaching and teaching the next generation to know God's love and serve Him by serving others.
Leadership - Developing existing and emerging leaders is essential to the health and effectiveness of the church.